Preparing for Worship: May 12, 2019
Text: Mark 14:66-72
Title: “The Trial During the Trial”
When our Lord was on trial before a wicked court on the day He would be crucified, Peter was on trial in the courtyard below. Jesus gave truthful answers, knowing that it would mean His death on behalf of others. Peter told lies, knowing the truth could cost him his life, a life he was protecting for himself. The ugly failure of Peter provides another glimpse of the beauty of Christ and of His gracious and saving love for Peter and us. The outline for Sunday is as follows:
- The details of Peter’s great failure.
- The pathway that leads to Peter’s great failure.
- The beauty of Christ on display through Peter’s great failure.
- The care of Christ for us prior to our stumbling
- In our stumbling
- After our stumbling.
- Despite our stumbling.
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessings
- Jesus is Better
- Show Us Christ
- Only the Blood
- Lord, I Need You
- New Again
- Behold the Christ
- Not in Me